Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bitty Flower Table Topper

I started this last summer, using scraps a little pieces of some really pretty cloth. My Mom got me an acrylic template and pattern from a quilt shop in Temecula (when I look up the information, I'll put in the link), so cutting out the pieces was easy. But, I wasn't precise enough on sewing the pieces properly, and ended up with a lopsided circle...oops! I had to fold over a few of the petals to make a proper circle, and from a distance, I think it turned out pretty nice. Don't look too closely though...


The yellow petal was folded over to balance out the circle


I blanket-stitch-appliqued a center over in the middle


And added some hand-stitching as well as laizy-daisy embroidery with beads for effect.


Julia claimed it at some point and asked me to add some green, so the binding uses a Moda spring fabric which I think sets the whole thing off nicely. (Wine bottle is not for Julia!)



A second flower is in the works, all done in Japanese fabrics. Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment