Sunday, January 2, 2011

Some scrappy free-style log-cabin candlemats I made for small Christmas gifts. No pattern involved, really simple using strips and leftovers. Embroidery was mostly straight stitch using leftover thread from other projects. Threw some beads in for accent. Have never done the log cabin block before, so it took a few tries for me to get the hang of it.


Used a snowflake embroidery theme around the edges on this one.




Tried for a holly and leaves look with the beads.


Straight stitch embroidery is relaxing, no thinking involved, just trying to get the lines straight!


Tried to put some simple Christmas trees in the corners.




For those of you asking about buying some of these, many of them are originals and I don't usually make more than a few at a time. But if you see something in particular you like, jot me a note and I can re-do it for you, though probably slightly different fabrics will be involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment