Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For a Girlie Girl!

My little friend Renee turned 1 last month, so I worked on making her this girlie tote for her toys. Suzy Zoo fabric along with Japanese polka-dot linen makes up the most of the bag, and some flowery pink for accent on the edges. Jordan's best friend Yoshi is modeling the bag for us!


I didn't follow a pattern for this bag, but sort of pulled it out of my own head this time. Now that I have the basics of a simple tote bag down, I can whip one up in a few hours. Without any distractions it'll go quicker!

Used a plain hot pink for the inside. Being a little kid tote, I didn't put any pockets.


Two blocks are made with the cute Suzy Zoo characters.


The other two have appliqued hexagons. I originally planned to make them into flowers, but as it was going on midnight and the party was the next day, I simplified the plan.


I have to say, the bag turned out pretty cute and overall I think I did a good job on it. The handles were reinforced with interfacing to give them strength and shape, and I think the balance of plain linens with bright pinks worked together well.



No comments:

Post a Comment